Head of Risk & Compliance
PMO & Risk Team | Perth
VGW is a cutting edge tech company focusing on online gaming. We own and operate several market-leading brands in the largest markets in the world and have about 280 employees globally, all committed to building something amazing, pushing our boundaries and having fun in the process. We’ve been disrupting online social casino and poker gaming since 2010 and bringing fun and excitement to millions of customers. VGW has a dynamic and happy workplace and we all have huge amounts of energy and real passion for our products and our players. We couple that with the best of Aussie culture; a laid-back approach, flexible working hours, Work From Home Fridays, casual dress and enjoying the beach whenever possible. Are you ready to join us for our annual company conference in Bali?
About The Role
Due to VGWs unprecedented growth, we are looking for a talented Head of Risk and Compliance, who will deliver and run our company wide risk management and compliance system. You’ll be joining a company going through an exciting period and helping us to successfully navigate complex regulatory requirements.
On a day to day basis you can expect to be:
– Managing and leading VGW group wide risk and compliance.
– Commencing and embedding risk management discipline.
– Ensuring an effective controls compliance program for the VGW Group.
– Facilitating development and maintenance of the VGW Group policies, procedures and associated tools in conjunction with the appropriate VGW Group process owners
– Championing the effective use of risk management systems which detail all documented business risks.
– Ensuring the management, reporting and timely delivery of improvement initiatives.
– Identifying and analysing emerging trends in the external environment which will impact business requirements.
– Drinking a lot of coffee, laughing a lot and resisting the urge to have a second mini muffin.
– Supporting the interface with the broader VGW group team to collectively achieve quality outcomes.
This is a role with plenty to keep you occupied and there will be significant opportunities for learning and development as VGW goes through an unprecedented period of growth.
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to have at least 10 years experience managing Risk and Compliance in a highly regulated environment. You’ll have a deep understanding of various methodologies and a focus on getting stuff done and delivering results.
You’ll also bring:
– Ability to influence other senior management members of VGW. If you have actual cat herding experience, that will be highly regarded.
– Previous experience of building and executing a company wide risk and compliance framework
– The ability to manage and lead multi-disciplined staff including staff with direct and functional reporting.
– Deep knowledge of the theory and practice of best practice Risk and Compliance.
– Ability to develop working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
– Ability to look at the big picture as well as individual issues.
– Understanding and management of Risk and Compliance processes and supporting systems.
– Cakes, in order to comply with the Morning Tea Act (2018).
What sets you aside from your industry peers is your commerciality, innovative thinking and love of simplicity.
Does this sound like your kind of challenge? If so, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll be in touch soon.