Data & Analytics Team | Perth
VGW was founded in 2010 with the mission of creating a virtual world with a focus on gaming and entertainment. We’re committed to building something amazing, pushing our boundaries and having fun in the process. VGW now has over 200 staff working for us around the world, and thanks to the success of our games, we’re expecting the business to continue growing rapidly!
We now need a talented and enthusiastic data scientist to join our Data and Analytics team. You’ll get to work on hard problems with other smart and motivated people using the technologies of your choice.
About the Role
Our current analytics stack includes a growing AWS Redshift data warehouse feeding Tableau for reporting. Our next-gen analytics infrastructure will handle the huge amount of data generated from user clickstream and server data, and run machine learning models in batch and in real-time.
You’ll work closely with the marketing, product development, customer service and tech-ops teams, using your machine learning skills to performing record linkage, clickstream sequential pattern mining, churn modelling, upsell propensity modelling, customer segmentation, outlier detection and build a recommendation engine. A background in traditional statistics will also be useful as you build explanatory models, design experiments and surveys.
Experience with the following will be useful:
– Data munging and modelling in R, Python, Julia, Apache Spark
– SQL skills, particularly Amazon Redshift
– Distributed data systems on Amazon Web Services
– Working in Git, GitHub and JIRA
– Good communication skills
– Presenting information in Tableau, Spotfire Shiny, etc
We’d love to hear about any cool projects you’ve worked on – whether it’s taking part in a weekend hackathon, a competition like Kaggle, an open-source contribution on GitHub, or Q&A on Stack Overflow and Quora.
About Virtual Gaming Worlds
VGW is a well-funded, profitable and very fast-growing Perth-based startup disrupting the traditional gambling industry with its Facebook-operated online casino.
You’ll be working in the heart of the CBD in a fun and friendly team, where people are genuinely passionate about achieving the ambitious goals we have.
You’ll also enjoy:
– Your choice of computer equipment (we mostly use Macs)
– Free access to the gym with full end of trip facilities
– Very Casual Fridays… as in ‘wear-your-pyjamas’ casual, because most of us work from home
– Our annual company planning session, which takes place on a tropical island
If this sounds like your dream job, we’d love to hear from you.