Desktop and Service Support Officer
Technology Team | Sydney
VGW is a cutting edge tech company focusing on online gaming. We own and operate several market-leading brands in the largest markets in the world and have about 280 employees globally, all committed to building something amazing, pushing our boundaries and having fun in the process. We’ve been disrupting online social casino and poker gaming since 2010 and bringing fun and excitement to millions of customers. VGW has a dynamic and happy workplace and we all have huge amounts of energy and real passion for our products and our players. We couple that with the best of Aussie culture; a laid-back approach, flexible working hours, casual dress and enjoying the beach whenever possible. How would you feel about joining us for our annual company conference in Bali?
About The Role
We’re looking for someone to join the VGW IT Operations team and provide exceptional first and second line desktop and service support. You will help ensure that technology is an enabler in meeting our strategic, tactical and operational objectives, and maintain the IT Operations team track record of most Unicorns in one team.
It will help if you’re kind of cool, but we can train you if you’re not.
Here’s what you’ll do:
– Provide L1 & L2 desktop & IT service support to our Sydney team
– Provide exceptional remote support to our colleagues based elsewhere
– Set up, configure and manage end user devices using our shiny new MDM platform
– Troubleshoot software and hardware issues
– Provision systems access for new and existing users in line with our IAM policy and procedures
– Provide general IT advice and guidance
– Tag and track VGW IT Assets
– Be a ‘first responder’ if there are critical systems issues
– Help Martin (our Perth based Infrastructure Engineer) figure out what the heck’s going on when the network is having a moment
– Kick the printer if it misbehaves
We need you to have the following attributes:
– Enough experience in desktop support that you are rarely fazed and even the most haunted printer is no problem
– Interpersonal skills. You’ll be the kind of person that is approachable and happy to help, and can deal with users at all levels of the organisation
– Experience with both Mac OS and Windows operating systems
– Be comfortable in a “cloud-first” environment. We hate managing infrastructure!
– Experience in supporting Google Apps suite and, ideally, Adobe Creative Cloud
– Experience with the following products would be a bonus – VMWare Workspace ONE (AirWatch), Sentinel One, Okta
– Flexibility/adaptability. You’ll need to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope with complexity and change
– Proactivity. We’d love you to bring new ideas to the company and be able to act without being told what to do
To complement our VGW team culture, we are only looking for people who:
– Can solve problems, innovatively
– Have a record of self-learning and self-improvement
– Learn quickly
– Have tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
– Choose jobs they enjoy
– Are not jerks
– Bonus points if you are fluent in GIF and/or doggo memes
If this sounds like your dream job, apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com.
We’d love to hear from you.